One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an instrument) indicating the mean value or total sum of a measured quantity.‘integrating microdensitometer’
- ‘We used an integrating sphere to measure the spectral characteristics of a monolayer of cells and microscopic techniques to examine the spectral characteristics of individual cells.’
- ‘This absorbance is an average for healthy leaves as measured with an integrating sphere.’
- ‘A photodiode is mounted on the integrating sphere to measure the radiant flux from the diode laser entering the sphere.’
- ‘Guidance was preset, with an integrating accelerometer to measure when the missile had reached the requisite speed to reach the target.’
- ‘Flash intensity during patrol flights in the standard flight apparatus could not reliably be measured so the integrating sphere was brought into play.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.