One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A branch of mathematics concerned with the determination, properties, and application of integrals.Compare with differential calculus
- ‘There he was to receive a good understanding of basic mathematics studying differential and integral calculus, analytic geometry and the foundations of analysis.’
- ‘He studied a lot of mathematics in his own time including trigonometry, differential and integral calculus, and complex numbers long before he met these topics in his formal education.’
- ‘There he gave courses on astronomy, celestial mechanics, the differential and integral calculus, the theory of probability, geometry and trigonometry.’
- ‘With clear definition of real numbers formulated at the end of the 19th century, differential and integral calculus had developed into an authentic mathematical system.’
- ‘From 1852 to 1858 he taught algebra and geometry, while from 1860 to 1862 he taught differential and integral calculus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.