One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Johnston was a more effective provider than finisher and his inswinging free-kick met Gary MacDonald's well-timed run, but Gordon was composed and perfectly positioned to gather his deflection.’
- ‘Yet as my innings was really getting going, I was bowled by an unplayable fast inswinging yorker!’
- ‘In the following over, McGrath pitched up an inswinging delivery to the Yorkshireman that straightened, touched off his pad and cannoned into middle and off stumps through the bat/pad gap.’
- ‘Behind him, Chris Porter, who had looked slightly susceptible in the first half when Gareth Sheldon delivered several inswinging corners, handled superbly after the break and made a string of excellent reflex saves.’
- ‘He is also capable of generating swing through the air, as witnessed by his menacing inswinging yorker, which he will throw in just for variety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.