One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the following over, McGrath pitched up an inswinging delivery to the Yorkshireman that straightened, touched off his pad and cannoned into middle and off stumps through the bat/pad gap.’
- ‘Yet as my innings was really getting going, I was bowled by an unplayable fast inswinging yorker!’
- ‘He is also capable of generating swing through the air, as witnessed by his menacing inswinging yorker, which he will throw in just for variety.’
- ‘Behind him, Chris Porter, who had looked slightly susceptible in the first half when Gareth Sheldon delivered several inswinging corners, handled superbly after the break and made a string of excellent reflex saves.’
- ‘Johnston was a more effective provider than finisher and his inswinging free-kick met Gary MacDonald's well-timed run, but Gordon was composed and perfectly positioned to gather his deflection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.