One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball bowled with a swing from the off to the leg side.
- ‘Pakistan lost Umar to a superb inswinger by seamer L Balaji even as play was extended by an hour to complete the quota of 90 overs.’
- ‘Steyn, 21, posed problems with his skiddiness and inswingers but diluted the effect of 92 mph deliveries with a spate of no-balls.’
- ‘After a stunning debut series in 1976-77 against India, in which he took 26 wickets, Lever was spoken of more for his enviable fitness as a fast-medium bowler than his prodigious inswingers.’
- ‘Shoaib Akhtar lasted just two balls as he was clean bowled by a gem of an inswinger by Balaji.’
- ‘The former Thackley player, who describes himself as ‘a partnership-breaker’, almost single-handedly bowled out Mills with his gentle inswingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.