One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If the configuration of pages and print is too overwhelming, a book may seem insurmountably difficult even though its content is riveting.’
- ‘Aid must account for a great part of the solution, in order to put an end to this insurmountably horrible crisis.’
- ‘Growing cities often destroy their own water sources, while the new sources further and further away rapidly tend to get insurmountably costly.’
- ‘What a lot of people don't realize is that even though global warming seems like an almost insurmountably immense problem, individual companies and governments taking positive actions really can have a measurable effect over the long term.’
- ‘If all this seems insurmountably difficult, listen to your own intuition that there is more going on here than just an old crush.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.