One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A document detailing the terms and conditions of a contract of insurance.
- ‘It is simply that the defendant was informed that an insurance policy was going to be taken out.’
- ‘He had taken out an insurance policy to provide for any tax which would be due on the passing of his estate to his daughters.’
- ‘The defendant was not named as a co-insured in the relevant insurance policy.’
- ‘It may well be that it will depend upon what the terms of the insurance policy are.’
- ‘A copy of the insurance policy so endorsed shall be provided to the Operator at the start of the hire period.’
- ‘As soon as you complete the purchase contract, an insurance policy is necessary.’
- ‘Where an ambiguity in an insurance policy is found, we will construe it in favour of the insured.’
- ‘The husband made proposals to relieve the hardship including a life insurance policy and his offer was accepted by the court.’
- ‘Buying an insurance policy is risk management in one of its simplest forms.’
- ‘You must also have an insurance policy in place for your property prior to cheque issue.’
- ‘If you look at an insurance policy there are five or six things that are excluded.’
- ‘Although a rider is not an insurance policy in its own right, when read with the policy shell it can stand on its own.’
- ‘This meant that the mortgage could not be paid off by the proceeds of an insurance policy.’
- ‘It's a voluntary insurance policy that will meet your monthly repayments if you fall ill, have an accident or lose your job.’
- ‘He had been led to believe that an insurance policy had been taken out to cover legal costs.’
- ‘This is a life insurance policy and its proceeds will be used to pay off a mortgage loan in the event of death.’
- ‘It allows a court to order the terms of a health insurance policy to be performed.’
- ‘The insurance policy should cover the required risks for sufficient amount.’
- ‘If the warning is strong enough, your insurance policy should pay out on a cancellation claim.’
- ‘In order for something to be extended, you need to have a marine insurance policy in place in the first instance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.