One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insurer; an insurance company.
- ‘And then the insurance carrier will really be stuck.’
- ‘Another family physician in my town had to abruptly close his practice a couple of months ago when his insurance carrier declined to renew his policy.’
- ‘The insurance carrier he's filed against has already input three secret figures into the system - a low figure, a middle one, and the highest it would be willing to pay.’
- ‘Check with your insurance carrier for specific requirements.’
- ‘Working Today has built partnerships with an insurance carrier and a hospital group, and has received support from the Ford Foundation and a grant from the New York Community Trust.’
- ‘His insurance carrier told him that if wanted to take advantage of the full limits of their coverage, he'd have to begin taking annual simulator training to continue flying.’
- ‘He relates the story of an unnamed insurance carrier known for dealing with personal products for affluent customers that was looking to move online with a property and casualty business geared to small business owners.’
- ‘The family physician may be asked to complete a disability form by a patient, an insurance carrier, the workers' compensation board or other disability system.’
- ‘Travelers should contact their insurance carrier to arrange for extended coverage if available and as appropriate.’
- ‘The first step that CPAs should take is to call their malpractice insurance carrier and tap into their experience and legal resources.’
- ‘An employer provides long-term disability benefits pursuant to a written plan to its eligible employees through a group insurance policy with a third-party insurance carrier.’
- ‘Also, if a second insurance carrier already has paid expenses, they cannot be reimbursed by Flex funds.’
- ‘Ministries are exempt from the requirements imposed on other employers to refrain from discriminating in favor of more highly paid individuals for health insurance programs handled through an insurance carrier.’
- ‘It's always a good idea to speak with your auto insurance carrier to see if you already have these overages.’
- ‘The member-services department at your health insurance carrier should be able to give you a list of affiliated cardiologists.’
- ‘Before you drop your current coverage, call your insurance carrier for details because you don't want to have any lapses in your coverage.’
- ‘But if a case goes to trial and a guilty verdict is rendered, your insurance carrier might drop you.’
- ‘If your state permits it (some, like Massachusetts, do not), ask your insurance carrier to cover such damages.’
- ‘Patients saw the bill, questioned it, filled out their own insurance forms, clipped the bill to it, and mailed it to their insurance carrier.’
- ‘It may be necessary for the referral laboratory to have this information in order to collect reimbursement from an insurance carrier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.