Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Adhesive tape used chiefly to cover exposed electric wires.
adhesive tape, sticky tape, insulating tape, masking tape, parcel tapeView synonyms
- ‘Our tangle of wires and insulating tape enabled us to connect our mics and minidisc recorders to the satellite equipment and broadcast.’
- ‘The cloth tape is much better than the normal electrical insulating tape.’
- ‘Tape however many tubes you want together with electrical insulating tape and hang your plugs inside the tubes.’
- ‘Full-grown animals were fitted with radio-collars manufactured at the University of Bristol, which were covered in colored electrical insulating tape to aid individual identification in the field.’
- ‘Adhesive-backed, foam pipe insulating tape keeps temperature extremes inside the pipe and eliminates the formation of condensation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.