One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A surface in front of a driver's or pilot's seat, on which the vehicle's or aircraft's instruments are situated.
switch, knob, button, dial, handle, leverView synonyms
- ‘Furthermore, a storage undertray beneath the instrument panel runs across the front of the car.’
- ‘The engine roared and the instrument panel in front flickered into action.’
- ‘Through them I could see the instrument panel, throttles and seats, with cushions still in place.’
- ‘Additional modifications include a new steering wheel and better-looking surfaces for the instrument panel.’
- ‘It's helped by the magnesium cross-car beam that acts as the mounting surface for the instrument panel and steering column.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.