Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The complete set of all the instructions in machine code that can be recognized and executed by a central processing unit.
- ‘A Script is an instruction set used to execute operations on a controller device.’
- ‘The Itanium processor uses a different instruction set than the x86 instruction set used by other desktop and server processors from Intel and AMD.’
- ‘These processors extend the x86 instruction set into the 64-bit realm, butting heads with Itanium.’
- ‘Any Java program can be modeled without thought to how the JVM has been implemented; to the programmer, the JVM instruction set is consistently the same.’
- ‘Each processor designer then designs a processor to process a specific instruction set in the most efficient way possible.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.