The complete set of all the instructions in machine code that can be recognized and executed by a central processing unit.
- ‘A Script is an instruction set used to execute operations on a controller device.’
- ‘The Itanium processor uses a different instruction set than the x86 instruction set used by other desktop and server processors from Intel and AMD.’
- ‘These processors extend the x86 instruction set into the 64-bit realm, butting heads with Itanium.’
- ‘Any Java program can be modeled without thought to how the JVM has been implemented; to the programmer, the JVM instruction set is consistently the same.’
- ‘Each processor designer then designs a processor to process a specific instruction set in the most efficient way possible.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.