One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Does our moral worth vary with the maximum potential for (or past instantiation of) the realization of those capacities?’
- ‘Anything more complicated than a colour, shape or number seems to be rather fuzzy, and is defined by family resemblance and a rough collection of properties, not all of which are shared by any instantiation.’
- ‘The chapter on ‘egoistic suicide’ is, of course, full of empirical instantiations of this reasoning.’
- ‘While it's true that ideas must be embodied to be economically useful, it's false to say that there is no distinction between the idea and its physical instantiation.’
- ‘In fact the West may begin to lose their local instantiations of these practices as a direct result of on ongoing policy of militarism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.