One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At once; immediately.‘we sealed the bargain instanter’
immediately, at once, straight away, right away, instantaneously, suddenly, abruptly, all of a sudden, on the instant, at a stroke, forthwith, then and there, there and then, here and now, that minute, this minute, that very minute, this very minute, that instant, this instantView synonyms
- ‘The first point is this, that contrary to the papers filed, this is not an application that involves a request that the appeal be heard instanter and why originally it was.’
- ‘Any reader who can think of anything more imaginative (and no, we can't afford a less banged-up estate car) please email instanter.’
- ‘He made an application orally instanter and it is rejected.’
- ‘Obviously everyone would like them to be resolved instanter but this is clearly an important case which is going to have to be resolved at a very high level.’
- ‘Such garbled ruminations, however, were my very first undoing, for instanter I had stepped on vicious air and landed a good three feet below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.