One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being instant or immediate.
- ‘Because of the instantaneity of the posts, it was branded a stalkers' charter by several stars and their publicists.’
- ‘The haiku's instantaneity is also a limit.’
- ‘We live in an age of instantaneity.’
- ‘His fascination with the capacity of video to bridge such incomprehensible distances might suggest a preoccupation with instantaneity.’
- ‘The Internet yields both seeming temporal instantaneity and spatial compression.’
- ‘We live in a society which places a premium on instantaneity; it is our right to have our wishes granted immediately.’
- ‘It is the instantaneity of the creative decision that really counts.’
- ‘Our "age of instantaneity" has produced a number of wonderful things - flexible, adaptable thinking, instant access to knowledge, and a number of people who truly know a great deal about certain subjects.’
- ‘Televisual instantaneity, in live transmission and true interactivity, has been underexploited by both mass and experimental media.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.