Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the act of breathing in.
- ‘As the resistive work of breathing rises, the inspiratory muscles must generate more force to offset the increase.’
- ‘Although breath sounds on the left improved, inspiratory pressures and hemodynamics failed to improve.’
- ‘Breathing against an inspiratory resistive load is known to produce increases in plasma cytokines.’
- ‘Tracheal stenosis after intubation usually presents as shortness of breath and either or both inspiratory stridor and expiratory wheeze on exertion.’
- ‘In order to minimize barotrauma short inspiratory times should be used along with minimal peak inspiratory and expiratory pressures.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.