One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Careful examination or scrutiny.‘on closer inspection it looked like a fossil’‘please have your tickets ready for inspection’count noun ‘we carry out regular safety inspections’
examination, check, check-up, survey, scrutiny, look-over, probe, exploration, perusal, view, scan, observation, investigation, assessment, appraisal, review, evaluationView synonyms
- ‘Usually, a purchaser should rely upon his own inspection and his surveyor's report.’
- ‘That explains why Reed started his own company specializing in pipeline inspections.’
- ‘Such inspections are conducted only on the basis of complaints and to verify discrepancies.’
- ‘We also encountered a degree of hostility while carrying out our inspections.’
- ‘They in turn must take inspections and see if the encroachments have been permanently removed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.