One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being insolvent.‘the club was facing insolvency’count noun ‘insolvencies in the media sector rose by 8%’
bankruptcy, liquidation, failure, collapse, ruin, financial ruin, ruinationView synonyms
- ‘Faced with a rising tide of insolvencies, banks are actually cutting back their lending to small and medium-sized companies.’
- ‘The financial crisis has now left many of these banks on the verge of insolvency with large portfolios of insecure loans and bad debts.’
- ‘Even a gross settlement system is not immune from certain risks associated with the insolvency of a participant.’
- ‘Until last summer, it teetered on the brink of insolvency, and did little other than amass colossal debts.’
- ‘How is it that a company goes from well-nigh insolvency to buying a US retail icon?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.