One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being insolvent.‘the club was facing insolvency’count noun ‘insolvencies in the media sector rose by 8%’
bankruptcy, liquidation, failure, collapse, ruin, financial ruin, ruinationView synonyms
- ‘Until last summer, it teetered on the brink of insolvency, and did little other than amass colossal debts.’
- ‘How is it that a company goes from well-nigh insolvency to buying a US retail icon?’
- ‘Faced with a rising tide of insolvencies, banks are actually cutting back their lending to small and medium-sized companies.’
- ‘Even a gross settlement system is not immune from certain risks associated with the insolvency of a participant.’
- ‘The financial crisis has now left many of these banks on the verge of insolvency with large portfolios of insecure loans and bad debts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.