One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the General Social Survey, conservatives differ insignificantly from political moderates on favoring more or less immigration.’
- ‘And, yes, there's no question the awards ceremony will trickle a little money down into the economy and advance the cause of local music, even if briefly and insignificantly.’
- ‘They're looking at the above-under aspects of Garden of Light, whose chief designer, not insignificantly, is a landscape architect.’
- ‘My argument is slightly, but not insignificantly, different.’
- ‘Cars are comfortable, avoid dangerous road crossings, avoid the danger of strangers and - not insignificantly in Scotland - they avoid the rain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.