Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive.‘thank you for all the insightful comments’‘I don't have anything insightful to say about that’
intuitive, perceptive, discerning, penetrating, penetrative, astute, percipient, perspicacious, sagacious, wise, judicious, shrewd, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, keen, incisive, acute, imaginative, appreciative, intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive, deep, profoundView synonyms
- ‘The only drawback is that the opinions of the cast and crew are not particularly profound or insightful.’
- ‘Bear with me; I am not having the usual fascinating, insightful thoughts at the moment.’
- ‘I also appreciate the insightful comments received from the anonymous reviewers.’
- ‘They were and are committed, intelligent and insightful, heroes every one.’
- ‘Perhaps, because this is French, the dialogue is intelligent and insightful.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.