Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive.‘thank you for all the insightful comments’‘I don't have anything insightful to say about that’
intuitive, perceptive, discerning, penetrating, penetrative, astute, percipient, perspicacious, sagacious, wise, judicious, shrewd, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, keen, incisive, acute, imaginative, appreciative, intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive, deep, profoundvisionary, far-sighted, prescientsavvywhip-smartsapient, arguteView synonyms
- ‘I also appreciate the insightful comments received from the anonymous reviewers.’
- ‘Perhaps, because this is French, the dialogue is intelligent and insightful.’
- ‘Bear with me; I am not having the usual fascinating, insightful thoughts at the moment.’
- ‘The only drawback is that the opinions of the cast and crew are not particularly profound or insightful.’
- ‘They were and are committed, intelligent and insightful, heroes every one.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.