One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive.‘thank you for all the insightful comments’‘I don't have anything insightful to say about that’
intuitive, perceptive, discerning, penetrating, penetrative, astute, percipient, perspicacious, sagacious, wise, judicious, shrewd, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, keen, incisive, acute, imaginative, appreciative, intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive, deep, profoundView synonyms
- ‘They were and are committed, intelligent and insightful, heroes every one.’
- ‘The only drawback is that the opinions of the cast and crew are not particularly profound or insightful.’
- ‘Bear with me; I am not having the usual fascinating, insightful thoughts at the moment.’
- ‘I also appreciate the insightful comments received from the anonymous reviewers.’
- ‘Perhaps, because this is French, the dialogue is intelligent and insightful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.