One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Slowly, with an insidiousness no one recognized, those businesses began to disappear until now many of the buildings sit empty and abandoned.’
- ‘Indulged and defended by successive Mail editors he continued to highlight the insidiousness of the apartheid regime and its increasing desperation.’
- ‘I don't underestimate the insidiousness of both visible and hidden surveillance technologies.’
- ‘But for five Irish teenagers, the magnifying glass doesn't reveal the insidiousness of California - it only inflates its lure and significance.’
- ‘Asthma has become a common ailment in modern society, as the deteriorating environment and stress work their insidiousness against the human body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.