One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The illegal practice of trading on the stock exchange to one's own advantage through having access to confidential information.
- ‘It seems like insider trading to me, but since the company is private, I don't know what the rules are.’
- ‘A landmark securities law that would criminalize insider trading in Hong Kong has languished for a year.’
- ‘But allegations of fraud and illicit insider trading extend beyond the mutual fund operations of the two banks.’
- ‘An investigation was carried out by the London Stock Exchange and no cases of insider dealing were found.’
- ‘Five staff face charges of criminal insider trading as well as civil fraud.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.