One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The illegal practice of trading on the stock exchange to one's own advantage through having access to confidential information.
- ‘A landmark securities law that would criminalize insider trading in Hong Kong has languished for a year.’
- ‘An investigation was carried out by the London Stock Exchange and no cases of insider dealing were found.’
- ‘Five staff face charges of criminal insider trading as well as civil fraud.’
- ‘It seems like insider trading to me, but since the company is private, I don't know what the rules are.’
- ‘But allegations of fraud and illicit insider trading extend beyond the mutual fund operations of the two banks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.