Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The length of a person's leg from crotch to ankle, or of the equivalent part of a pair of trousers.→ inseam
- ‘Carl Stuart has made him a pair of trousers with an inside leg of 44 in and an outside leg of 60 in.’
- ‘In pants, full front thighs create diagonal wrinkles, pulling from the inside legs at the crotch.’
- ‘What should concern anyone hoping to avoid the shame of a waistband size double their inside leg measurement is that we are increasingly eating like them.’
- ‘The seat tube length is calculated as being 2/3rds of your inside leg measurement.’
- ‘Could you tell us your inside leg measurement to help with the search?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.