Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
If Allah wills it.
- ‘Thus leather socks would also protect my feet - inshallah.’
- ‘With him we will, inshallah, reach a peaceful settlement.’
- ‘I tell her that everything's going to be fine and that, inshallah, nothing happened to my sister.’
- ‘As the countdown begins for the release of the magazine this summer, inshallah, your support shall be valuable.’
- ‘The surgery of Mujasim will be conducted by Dr. F. Sadruddin Shariff very soon inshallah!’
From Arabic in šā' Allāh.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.