One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The introduction of semen into a woman or a female animal by natural or artificial means.‘children conceived through donor insemination’count noun ‘we performed 224 inseminations on 48 females’
- ‘Semen for insemination of mares located on the farm was extended with a commercially available skim milk glucose extender.’
- ‘Weren't you convicted of burglary and subsequently charged with extortion, money laundering, and illegal pony insemination?’
- ‘Pregnancy status was determined by transrectal ultrasonography in cows not returning to estrus at 25–30 days following insemination.’
- ‘The insemination technique may vary and is not always clearly defined or distinguished from intracervical insemination.’
- ‘The chapter on breeding herd management does not present breeding strategies for insemination or the control of the sow's nutrition.’
- ‘Four women received hormonal treatment and insemination with the husband's sperm.’
- ‘Heifers were visually inspected at insemination for paint markings to compare estrous detection methods.’
- ‘All three trials were terminated immediately following a timed insemination to a synchronized estrus.’
- ‘In the past, small amounts of untreated semen were used for intrauterine insemination.’
- ‘Insemination can be done from the time the animal completes seven to nine years of age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.