One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The introduction of semen into a woman or a female animal by natural or artificial means.‘children conceived through donor insemination’count noun ‘we performed 224 inseminations on 48 females’
- ‘The chapter on breeding herd management does not present breeding strategies for insemination or the control of the sow's nutrition.’
- ‘In the past, small amounts of untreated semen were used for intrauterine insemination.’
- ‘Weren't you convicted of burglary and subsequently charged with extortion, money laundering, and illegal pony insemination?’
- ‘Insemination can be done from the time the animal completes seven to nine years of age.’
- ‘Semen for insemination of mares located on the farm was extended with a commercially available skim milk glucose extender.’
- ‘Pregnancy status was determined by transrectal ultrasonography in cows not returning to estrus at 25–30 days following insemination.’
- ‘The insemination technique may vary and is not always clearly defined or distinguished from intracervical insemination.’
- ‘Four women received hormonal treatment and insemination with the husband's sperm.’
- ‘All three trials were terminated immediately following a timed insemination to a synchronized estrus.’
- ‘Heifers were visually inspected at insemination for paint markings to compare estrous detection methods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.