One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An order of small mammals that comprises the shrews, moles, hedgehogs, tenrecs, moonrats, and solenodons. They are distinguished by mainly terrestrial habits and an insectivorous diet.
- ‘Among the Insectivora, many of the talpid moles (order Insectivora, family Talpidae) of Eurasia and North America are fossorial.’
- ‘Like elephant shrews, tree shrews have often been considered a divergent family of Insectivora.’
- ‘Once considered a divergent family of the order Insectivora, elephant shrews are now placed in their own order, the Macroscelidea.’
- ‘Members of one order, the Insectivora, feed almost entirely on invertebrates, especially insects.’
- ‘Thus, for example, the jugal is reduced or absent in the Monotremata and Insectivora, while, in the Didelphimorphia and Hyracoidea, it becomes so long that it actually contributes to the jaw articulation.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.