Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for inside leg
- ‘The ladies' cut has a 3-inch inseam, a drawstring and elastic waistband and for style it has a noticeable V-notch leg for ease of movement for cheering.’
- ‘Also, any hints on where I can find lengthier inseams might help, if you're feeling especially generous.’
- ‘To measure the length of your inseam, lay a pair of trousers that fit you well flat on the table as aforementioned, and measure them from the top of the inner pant leg seam to the opening at the bottom of the leg.’
- ‘Sleeve lengths, sleeve circumferences (especially at the biceps), inseams and side seams on pants, shoulder width, crotch depth and the waist are all measurements that can be compared to the pattern before cutting them out.’
- ‘Seven's 12-page workbook asks for 11 body measurements, covering everything from inseam to shoulder width.’
- ‘Of course, an online tailor can't reach out and measure your inseam.’
- ‘I'm 6-foot 6, with a 36-inch inseam, and weigh 240 lb.’
- ‘Beginning at the hem, cut the jeans or corduroys open along the inseam or the side seam.’
- ‘Cut through the inseam so it looks like a mini-skirt.’
- ‘The short features a flip-down branded waistband and a 3.5-inch inseam.’
- ‘The most important measurements you should know beforehand are: shoe size; waist and inseam measurements for pants; neck and sleeve sizes for shirts.’
- ‘Slightly taper the pant leg on the inseam from the knee down and on the outer seam from the hip down.’
- ‘I'm 74 inches in my stocking feet, and have a 35 inch inseam.’
- ‘Again, it isn't necessary to adjust the pattern - just take in the inseams (and outseams if necessary) as you sew to achieve a smooth, wrinkle-free fit.’
- ‘Measure the pants crotch length from the inseam to the waistline and record on the pattern.’
- ‘In pants, the extra width is usually added at the front inseam.’
- ‘Sew the front and back inseams together for each leg.’
- ‘That might not even be a 4 inch inseam, compared to 8 inches or more today in 2002.’
- ‘You can also choose your inseam.’
- ‘For example, if you want to order a pair of slacks and the catalogue doesn't list the inseam, call and ask.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.