One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some passages verge on the inscrutably cryptic.’
- ‘Is it among the ones we see on television each night - the inscrutably hard mask of the professional soldier or the sharp eyes that a rebel's disguise cannot conceal?’
- ‘Then he studies the view and smiles inscrutably.’
- ‘But the other fascinating thing about the movie is that the South is portrayed as both inscrutably evil, and attractive.’
- ‘Only the tourist police, sitting inscrutably astride their camels and scanning the scene through binoculars, seem to act as a deterrent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.