One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On it, the smiling inscriber pledges to work closely with him for the betterment of all Californians.’
- ‘‘G. F. Laughter 1896,’ etched in a dugway in what is now Canyonlands National Park, offers little but the name of an inscriber who may have been a sheepherder.’
- ‘Rather, he is a writer-down of things: a recorder of thoughts and observations, an inscriber of lists and memoranda.’
- ‘As the sitter holds himself aloof from what he holds in his hand, the inscriber distances himself from his pictured ‘me’ without disallowing it outright.’
- ‘The inscribers of Carlow will not be carving a new name on the Conlon Cup this year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.