One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The inscribers of Carlow will not be carving a new name on the Conlon Cup this year.’
- ‘Rather, he is a writer-down of things: a recorder of thoughts and observations, an inscriber of lists and memoranda.’
- ‘On it, the smiling inscriber pledges to work closely with him for the betterment of all Californians.’
- ‘‘G. F. Laughter 1896,’ etched in a dugway in what is now Canyonlands National Park, offers little but the name of an inscriber who may have been a sheepherder.’
- ‘As the sitter holds himself aloof from what he holds in his hand, the inscriber distances himself from his pictured ‘me’ without disallowing it outright.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.