One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A tiny multicoloured parrot flew from shoulder to shoulder to peer at us inquisitively, while a small tame monkey searched for fleas in our hair.’
- ‘You see, the ladies are quite fond of him - a few fans showed up at the store to inquisitively glance around for signs of his presence.’
- ‘Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending 45 minutes with a beautiful woman, gazing inquisitively into my eyes.’
- ‘I paused to watch, and a few minutes later, several monkeys emerged from the dense forest and came to sit on a piece of dead wood jutting into the water, eyeing me up inquisitively.’
- ‘They apologise, smile and look at each other inquisitively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.