One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who runs an inn.
landlord, landlady, hotelier, hotel owner, hotel keeper, proprietor, manager, manageress, hostView synonyms
- ‘Still distraught, he finds more than a shoulder to cry on when his innkeepers introduce him to Mandy, a beautiful nurse.’
- ‘She left with a wave to the kind innkeeper and stepped outside into the morning air.’
- ‘Not only has she been seen several times, she has even talked to the innkeepers and certain guests.’
- ‘They pulled on their packs, put on their boots, pulled up their hoods, and paid the innkeeper with silent swiftness.’
- ‘A man was sitting there speaking to the innkeeper, other patrons carried on at their tables.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.