One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A man's soul or mind.‘the complexities of the inner man’
- ‘Thirdly, the centrality and supremacy of Christ will not be a reality without the Holy Spirit's control of the inner man.’
- ‘As he bears his soul with his inner man, he finds that the majority of his life is meaningless.’
- ‘The outer man is decaying through the trials of life, while the inner man is being strengthened through the same trials.’
- ‘Successful confrontation management begins and ends not with selection, but deep within the confines of the mind, the inner man.’
- ‘And since the human is more than a physical entity of body and senses, a full education must extend to the inner man of the intellect.’
- 1.1humorous A man's stomach.‘the inner man was well catered for with pizza’
- ‘While she was opening the Tupperware, I was feeding the inner man with bacon and scrambled eggs in the stylish dining room at Taplow House, a few miles away.’
- ‘Ample food and a couple of flasks of coffee or tea are also a good idea to sustain the inner man during the long periods afloat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.