One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Transportation by canals and rivers.‘a project for increasing inland navigation’‘Congress on Inland Navigations’
- ‘The gradual improvement in transport through inland navigation, turnpikes, and finally railways brought Warwickshire into the national orbit.’
- ‘Coastal voyages between U.S. seaports and inland navigation along its rivers and canals are governed by state and federal laws.’
- ‘The same developments led to the emergence of a new field of study called ‘maritime history’, as opposed to inland navigation studies.’
- ‘The integration of inland navigation provides growth opportunities for both bulk freight and miscellaneous goods, wherever reliability is more important than speed.’
- ‘The historians of inland navigation, of all transport historians, had the most difficulty in escaping from the trap of local history.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.