One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Transportation by canals and rivers.‘a project for increasing inland navigation’‘Congress on Inland Navigations’
- ‘Coastal voyages between U.S. seaports and inland navigation along its rivers and canals are governed by state and federal laws.’
- ‘The integration of inland navigation provides growth opportunities for both bulk freight and miscellaneous goods, wherever reliability is more important than speed.’
- ‘The historians of inland navigation, of all transport historians, had the most difficulty in escaping from the trap of local history.’
- ‘The gradual improvement in transport through inland navigation, turnpikes, and finally railways brought Warwickshire into the national orbit.’
- ‘The same developments led to the emergence of a new field of study called ‘maritime history’, as opposed to inland navigation studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.