One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A portable device for administering a drug which is to be breathed in, used for relieving asthma and other bronchial or nasal congestion.
- ‘The most common asthma inhalers, also known as bronchodilators, contain the drug albuterol.’
- ‘Nicotine replacement products are available as gum, patches, inhalers, nasal sprays or lozenges.’
- ‘She has asthma and has been prescribed a preventive inhaler to use daily, plus a reliever to use if necessary.’
- ‘Medicines that can cause palpitations include asthma inhalers and decongestants.’
- ‘He tore open the package and produced the inhaler, a device he would get very used to in the coming years.’
- ‘Now diagnosed, Kirsten is on medication and uses an inhaler to help her breathe.’
- ‘Horus gasped, chest heaving as he fumbled in his pocket in search of his asthma inhaler.’
- ‘The lung deposition achieved with different inhalers depends on particle size as well as inhaler technique.’
- ‘Text messaging alerts can also be useful to remind women to take their contraceptive pills or people with asthma to use their inhalers.’
- ‘These products come in several forms: gum, patches, inhalers and nasal spray.’
- ‘There are many ways to control asthma and inhalers are only one.’
- ‘You should also check regularly to make sure there's plenty of medicine left in the inhaler.’
- ‘The drug is a legally prescribed element within inhalers taken by asthma sufferers.’
- ‘Press down on the inhaler to release medication as you start to breathe in slowly.’
- ‘Members who use inhalers or have asthma should contact their doctors if they have questions.’
- ‘If you have any side effects from the inhaler, be sure to tell your doctor right away.’
- ‘What are the best inhalers and can a primary care physician prescribe them or does it need to be done by a specialist?’
- ‘He jogged back to his car and drove away, ignoring his wheezing need for his asthma inhaler.’
- ‘It is important to know how to use inhalers properly so that the drugs reach the air tubes and are not just deposited in the mouth or throat.’
- ‘She did not mind who knew that she had asthma or that she used inhalers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.