Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A portable device for administering a drug which is to be breathed in, used for relieving asthma and other bronchial or nasal congestion.
- ‘She has asthma and has been prescribed a preventive inhaler to use daily, plus a reliever to use if necessary.’
- ‘Medicines that can cause palpitations include asthma inhalers and decongestants.’
- ‘The lung deposition achieved with different inhalers depends on particle size as well as inhaler technique.’
- ‘Nicotine replacement products are available as gum, patches, inhalers, nasal sprays or lozenges.’
- ‘What are the best inhalers and can a primary care physician prescribe them or does it need to be done by a specialist?’
- ‘There are many ways to control asthma and inhalers are only one.’
- ‘Members who use inhalers or have asthma should contact their doctors if they have questions.’
- ‘If you have any side effects from the inhaler, be sure to tell your doctor right away.’
- ‘Now diagnosed, Kirsten is on medication and uses an inhaler to help her breathe.’
- ‘She did not mind who knew that she had asthma or that she used inhalers.’
- ‘You should also check regularly to make sure there's plenty of medicine left in the inhaler.’
- ‘It is important to know how to use inhalers properly so that the drugs reach the air tubes and are not just deposited in the mouth or throat.’
- ‘He tore open the package and produced the inhaler, a device he would get very used to in the coming years.’
- ‘The most common asthma inhalers, also known as bronchodilators, contain the drug albuterol.’
- ‘Horus gasped, chest heaving as he fumbled in his pocket in search of his asthma inhaler.’
- ‘The drug is a legally prescribed element within inhalers taken by asthma sufferers.’
- ‘These products come in several forms: gum, patches, inhalers and nasal spray.’
- ‘He jogged back to his car and drove away, ignoring his wheezing need for his asthma inhaler.’
- ‘Text messaging alerts can also be useful to remind women to take their contraceptive pills or people with asthma to use their inhalers.’
- ‘Press down on the inhaler to release medication as you start to breathe in slowly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.