One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Of the groin.‘inguinal lymph nodes’
- ‘The lateral cutaneous nerve of the thigh passes from the lateral border of psoas major across the iliac fossa to pierce the inguinal ligament.’
- ‘In their descent, the testes may become lodged in the perineum, inguinal canal, or abdomen.’
- ‘There was invasion of the epineurium of retroperitoneal nerves, but no direct invasion of retroperitoneal or inguinal lymph nodes by the tumor.’
- ‘It may radiate along the inguinal ligament, perineum and rectus muscles.’
- ‘Sometimes the testicular vessels are traced to an abdominal, inguinal or scrotal testicular remnant, which is then removed.’
Late Middle English: from Latin inguinalis, from inguen, inguin- ‘groin’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.