Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] Of the groin.‘inguinal lymph nodes’
- ‘In their descent, the testes may become lodged in the perineum, inguinal canal, or abdomen.’
- ‘The lateral cutaneous nerve of the thigh passes from the lateral border of psoas major across the iliac fossa to pierce the inguinal ligament.’
- ‘There was invasion of the epineurium of retroperitoneal nerves, but no direct invasion of retroperitoneal or inguinal lymph nodes by the tumor.’
- ‘Sometimes the testicular vessels are traced to an abdominal, inguinal or scrotal testicular remnant, which is then removed.’
- ‘It may radiate along the inguinal ligament, perineum and rectus muscles.’
Late Middle English: from Latin inguinalis, from inguen, inguin- groin.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.