Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A taxonomic category that ranks below a subclass.
- ‘In all cases, a representative of the mammalian infraclass Metatheria was designated as an outgroup.’
- ‘The taxonomic rationale for placement at the infraclass level is discussed in Brower.’
- ‘We performed phylogenetic analyses of introns from species from four avian orders that are representative of the two infraclasses within Aves.’
- ‘I'm animal, my phylum is chordata, my subphylum is vertebrate, my class is mammals, sublass theria, infraclass eutheria, within that I'm a primate, and within that I'm human.’
- ‘Names of infraclasses and cohorts within Neornithes are shown.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.