Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Permission granted in full knowledge of the possible consequences, typically that which is given by a patient to a doctor for treatment with knowledge of the possible risks and benefits.‘written informed consent was obtained from each patient’
- ‘The clinic also tells patients that the risks are so unknown it does not think informed consent is possible.’
- ‘Doctors commit themselves when they obtain the patient's informed consent.’
- ‘Regrettably, the very same design meant that it was not possible to obtain the informed consent of the patients.’
- ‘All patients gave informed consent, and the study had full ethical approval.’
- ‘Recent case law on malpractice litigation and informed consent has been incorporated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.