Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study or use of systems (especially computers and telecommunications) for storing, retrieving, and sending information.[as modifier] ‘information technology consultants’
- ‘Kim did not try to quantify how much information technology contributed to that gain.’
- ‘What changes will the new genetics and information technology bring?’
- ‘The source of these changes is the telecom and information technology sector that is growing and evolving on Internet time.’
- ‘Can multimedia and information technology come to the rescue of law and justice?’
- ‘Computers and information technology were a particular focus of the stories elicited.’
- ‘The information technology and booking systems will be upgraded.’
- ‘When they take industrial action, they intend to disrupt information technology systems.’
- ‘I know the school is bidding for specialist status in information technology and mathematics.’
- ‘There is also an obvious need for improvement and tighter controls in information technology systems.’
- ‘The National Computing Centre promotes the effective use of information technology.’
- ‘Textiles, electronic goods, and information technology are the principal exports.’
- ‘He administered and oversaw the telecommunications and information technology systems for the company.’
- ‘Table 10.1 shows some technological capabilities offered by information technology.’
- ‘There is a clear need for better information systems and better use of information technology within the health service.’
- ‘The rapid expansion of information technology is also closely interwoven with transport systems.’
- ‘Increasingly, information technology is seen as a cost of doing business.’
- ‘Primary and technical schools lack computers and access to information technology.’
- ‘These days Williamson is again on the trail of telecommunications and information technology.’
- ‘Progress is especially rapid where information technology and molecular genetics are important.’
- ‘I am probably one of the few people in the House with a degree in computer science and information technology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.