One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tracing and recovery of specific information from stored data.as modifier ‘an information retrieval system’
- ‘Without intelligent indexing, a database is little better than a filesystem for information retrieval.’
- ‘These organizations had learned the hard way about information systems and information retrieval.’
- ‘The Centre long ago realized the importance of information retrieval systems on the Internet, including the distribution of in-house preprints, yearly activities and public access catalogs.’
- ‘The technologies we now use are an outgrowth of early, computerized information retrieval programs.’
- ‘This process is sometimes known as machine understanding, a multidisciplinary endeavor involving information retrieval, linguistics and artificial intelligence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.