One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A turning or folding inwards; an inward fold.
- ‘In the octopus eye it is formed by an infolding of the surface cells on the head, which become thickened to form eye components.’
- ‘The head region of the embryo is demarcated anterior to the node by the head fold, an infolding of the blastoderm composed of both ectoderm and endoderm.’
- ‘The mouth and pharynx are derived by a secondary infolding of superficial ectoderm called the stomodeum.’
- ‘The ductal structures showed an irregular outline with infoldings of the glands.’
- ‘For example, most metazoans go through a developmental stage called a gastrula - a ball of cells with an infolding that later forms the gut.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.