One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A visual representation of information or data, e.g. as a chart or diagram.‘a good infographic is worth a thousand words’
- ‘The April 2002 issue of Wired contains an infographic of wireless access points across the United States.’
- ‘The editing process for Robertson's piece was somewhere between that of a written article and an infographic.’
- ‘The use of infographics to accompany science articles was limited.’
- ‘It is just one long block of text, after all, unbroken by alluring pictures, snappy captions, or eye-grabbing infographics.’
- ‘Really nicely done, and I love the infographic.’
- ‘So here is an infographic describing just how hard it is to hit a baseball and a great article describing just what makes Barry Bonds so great.’
- ‘The large infographic helps to give context to the story by explaining some of the basic facts on everyone's mind.’
- ‘Consider the costs of an average apartment rental, utilities, insurance, debt and other basic necessities (see infographic, right).’
- ‘The appeal of the infographic over a traditional article is that they are more likely to be linked, and easy to share.’
- ‘The infographic is very well-designed.’
- ‘Colour on every page means not only the opportunity for better photos, but also diagrams, infographics etc.’
- ‘Download pdfs of our infographics that map out the current systems.’
- ‘There could be an equally good infographic inserted here.’
- ‘Anyway, the wealth of info behind that infographic on the website is fascinating and a little scary, if potentially hawkish.’
- ‘However, only 2.4 percent of the papers use a dominant infographic on a regular basis.’
- ‘For the full article with complete infographics, please download this PDF.’
- ‘Submissions ranged from an impressive redesign of the IRS to a brilliant infographic showing how a bill becomes a law.’
- ‘We are willing to pay you for every infographic you post.’
- ‘I loved the infographic and I liked your real world examples too.’
1960s (as adjective): blend of information and graphic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.