One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He really was the first of the modern influence peddlers.’
- ‘It will have to clear out the influence peddlers, corporate lobbyists, spin-doctors and fund-raisers and return to first principles.’
- ‘No candidate is more scornful of the Washington insider class of lobbyists and influence peddlers.’
- ‘‘And while I'm doing that, I will crack down on wasteful and abusive officials and influence peddlers,’ she said.’
- ‘Nearly once a month influence peddlers from different worlds gather to gossip, talk business, and schmooze at his Hollywood Hills home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.