One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘The numerous vertical shafts in the cave are controlled by major joint intersections, with inflowing water perched on bedding planes or relatively resistant beds.’
- ‘The maps were used to evaluate the ecological aspects of the studied ecosystem, such as the influence of inflowing rivers on the optical properties of the lake.’
- ‘For 750 years or more Cambridge has (with the exception of the odd revolt among the townsfolk) welcomed this seasonal human inflowing tide.’
- ‘Anaerobic conditions were imposed on the plants by replacing the inflowing air with humid nitrogen gas.’
- ‘On the in breath, simply relax your stomach so that the inflowing air can effortlessly fill the empty lung space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.