One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The more polite inflictor of this mildly embarrassing situation will usually hastily strafe away in a breakneck fashion.’
- ‘The speech itself was not the inflicter of the excruciating pain.’
- ‘Falling to the ground, the injured boy grabbed his face and swore at the inflicter of the pain.’
- ‘Well, my pain inflicter was a man, but he wasn't blind.’
- ‘In the case of Peter, the extreme nature of the fundamentalism in which he has grown up is represented in his personality as an inflictor of self-punishment, an instiller of critical voices, and rigidity of discipline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.