One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A swimming pool whose positioning gives the impression that it merges into the surrounding landscape, especially the sea.
- ‘Water over-flows the edge and is recycled, making the standard size bath feel like an infinity pool.’
- ‘On the second - top - floor, an infinity pool and spa bath look out across the gardens, while on either side are self-contained penthouse flats, with fibre-optic lighting in the ceiling that looks like dozens of stars.’
- ‘There's even a modest infinity pool should you need a cool-down night swim.’
- ‘It lies between sea and jungle, and has a spectacular infinity pool and high rooms constructed around the trunk and branches of an ancient fig tree.’
- ‘The luxe hillside complex sleeps 16, boasts a staff of 10, and features a vast infinity pool, tennis courts and three vehicles for exploring the island.’
- ‘It has five bedrooms and an infinity pool that spills into the lake, and comes with a resident chef, an assistant chef, two houseboys and a maid.’
- ‘The island boasts three very different and all very good restaurants as well as an infinity pool seeming to drift into the sea.’
- ‘His latest project under construction features three bedrooms and three bathrooms, as well as luxurious touches, such as an infinity pool.’
- ‘This is an exquisite four-star on a lovely cove, with a wonderful infinity pool.’
- ‘Hike or rock-climb in the surrounding desert, then cool off in the vast infinity pool, shaded lap pool, or mountainside pools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.