One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive player who is positioned in the infield, playing first base, second base, third base, or shortstop.‘the infielder made a sliding catch near the foul line’
- ‘The Red Sox acquired the infielder from the Phillies on Aug. 31.’
- ‘He showed tremendous pop for a middle infielder, slugging 16 home runs in 72 games that year.’
- ‘The Rangers wasted no time moving the young infielder up the ranks.’
- ‘With the infield back, your infielders have their normal range.’
- ‘The star infielder, who hit .345 in 86 games last season, is batting .167 this spring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.