One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I didn't know what to say; at that moment, I lacked entirely a language for articulating what I was feeling, what I wanted to say, how inexpressibly angry and ashamed I was.’
- ‘If the inexpressibly terrible is a sign of modern times, then Goya is not the prophet of modernity but the ultimate foreseer of the modern nightmare.’
- ‘It is inexpressibly beautiful and I will be sad when it's over.’
- ‘Perhaps that was what made so many so inexplicably, inexpressibly angry.’
- ‘I was uncomfortable and sticky and nervous - but also inexpressibly happy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.