One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having little knowledge or experience of a particular thing.‘an inexperienced driver’‘he is still relatively young and inexperienced’
inexpert, unpractised, lacking experience, untrained, untutored, unschooled, unqualified, unskilled, amateur, uninitiatedView synonyms
- ‘Inexperienced pilots of those gyroplanes should not fly in winds above 15 knots.’
- ‘It is not a sin or a crime to be young, inexperienced, ignorant, and hopeful.’
- ‘Heaton's inexperienced side simply cannot get enough runs on the board.’
- ‘He said the defendant was not an immature youth, nor a wholly inexperienced parent.’
- ‘Relatively inexperienced amateurs can now be guided, and in some cases almost hauled, to the summit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.