Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not costing a great deal; cheap.‘a simple and inexpensive solution’
cheap, low-priced, low-price, low-cost, economical, economic, competitive, affordable, reasonable, reasonably priced, moderately priced, keenly priced, budget, economy, cheap and cheerful, bargain, cut-rate, cut-price, half-price, sale-price, sale, reduced, on special offer, marked down, discounted, discount, rock-bottom, giveawaybargain-basement, slashed, going for a song, dirt cheapbargainousView synonyms
- ‘This job should be a reasonably inexpensive one and could be done in one day.’
- ‘Shepherd's pie, well made from good ingredients, is delicious, easy, and inexpensive.’
- ‘Cyprus has imported the Palomino vine because of its dependence on producing inexpensive copies of sherry.’
- ‘The courses are not inexpensive, as the illustrious name of the event hotel might indicate.’
- ‘These tests are generally simple, reproducible, inexpensive, and can be done on stored samples.’
- ‘A simple and inexpensive mouthwash test is all that is required for DNA analysis for the affected gene.’
- ‘Others are mass market publications that are an inexpensive introduction to classics.’
- ‘Buying an inexpensive property in a less popular area could be a mistake.’
- ‘Wood and coal is readily available, making fires a relatively inexpensive method.’
- ‘The point is that Ikea sells inexpensive furniture of surprisingly high quality.’
- ‘They're usually inexpensive, so are kind on your budget as well as your skin.’
- ‘Lagging jackets are an inexpensive way to improve efficiency and they will pay for themselves within a few months.’
- ‘If you have the gear, then you are looking at a relatively inexpensive getaway!’
- ‘I was surprised at how many sports areas there are near the city centre and how inexpensive they are.’
- ‘Data from these sources are accessible, inexpensive, and widely available.’
- ‘They are convenient and easy to use and both the drives and the media have become fairly inexpensive.’
- ‘The bulbs are fairly inexpensive and often you can find other tulip varieties at bargain bulk-pack prices.’
- ‘Karaoke is not only a great way to enhance a party, but it's also fairly inexpensive.’
- ‘Unless a product is inexpensive or trivial, brand awareness alone will not be enough to drive you to an actual purchase.’
- ‘By virtue of their origin these games were inexpensive and environment friendly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.