One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) not easily excited; unexcitable.
forbearing, uncomplaining, tolerant, long-suffering, resigned, stoicalView synonyms
- ‘I was greeted at the front desk of the New York State Labor Office by the usual inexcitable nose-picking troglodyte.’
- ‘Even the inexcitable old doctor had felt the attraction which had already conquered three such dissimilar people as Alban Morris, Cecilia Wyvil, and Francine de Sor.’
- ‘For the most part, he's very inexcitable and subsequently unphased by any threat.’
- ‘I suppose it is the result of falling in love with an inexcitable sort of a woman, that I had rather sit here and talk quietly than waltz.’
- ‘Adam is an inexcitable 28-year-old who works at the local Seattle public radio station and never takes risks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.