One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Titanium has become the material of choice for implantable devices because of its strength, weight, and inertness to body fluids.’
- ‘And on a larger scale, the entire universe in sixty million years can expect only a winding down into inertness due to the law of entropy.’
- ‘Once again, gold performs this duty well because of its extreme inertness: the glitter and purity of a gold coin do not diminish over time.’
- ‘It is insoluble in water and it has a relative chemical inertness.’
- ‘I shook off my inertness and reached out to touch her arm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.