One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for noble gas
- ‘Fluorine gas, diluted with an inert gas such as nitrogen, can now be used to fluorinate selectively a range of systems by simply passing this gaseous mixture through a cold solution of the substrate in formic or other acid.’
- ‘Krypton is the fourth member of Group 18 of the periodic table, a group of elements known as the noble gases or inert gases.’
- ‘Natural gas contains other compounds than hydrocarbons, including significant quantities of gases such as carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and hydrogen sulphide and traces of inert gases such as helium.’
- ‘Prior to Bartlett's preparation of the first xenon compound, the rare gases were widely referred to as the inert gases.’
- ‘If the tank must be filled from the top, then the tank should be filled with an inert gas such as nitrogen or carbon dioxide to displace any oxygen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.